Sneak Peek: The new "MyU" Portal
Take a peek at the homepage for the new MyU and learn how the University community will use some of its features. Explore more videos on various ESUP-related topics at our   "Videos & Sneak Peeks" page.
Do you have questions?
The F.A.Q. page covers important topics regarding ESUP activities. If you don't find your questions answered here, you can always contact us directly.
For a deeper look at what to expect after our efforts are complete, explore our decision details list.
What is ESUP?
Through the Enterprise Systems Upgrade Program (ESUP), the University of Minnesota is upgrading its financial, human resources, and student services systems. Because of the systems involved, ESUP will ultimately affect all students, staff, and faculty across all campuses, colleges and units.
Today these outdated and costly systems handle:
- 36,000 paychecks per pay period
- 114,000 admissions applications per year
- 50,000 billing statements per year
- 2 million class registration transactions per year
- $490 million in federal financial aid per year
- Every transaction in the University’s $3.8 billion annual budget
During this effort, the University is also re-examining the daily work associated with these systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness while enhancing the student, staff, and faculty experience.
ESUP is necessary to:
- maintain regulatory compliance and software vendor support
- reduce costly system modifications
- perform mission-critical activities and day-to-day business functions; and
- help the University leverage new and emerging technologies and devices
To stay up-to-date with these changes, please sign up for ESUP’s electronic newsletter, The Upgrade , check out our blog for regular updates, or contact us directly with your questions and feedback.