University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
Sneak Peek: What's new with "MyU"
Take a peek at the homepage for the improved MyU and its new features. Explore other areas of change on the  "Videos & Sneak Peeks" page.
A special toolkit of information and resources for those communicating about the Upgrade. If you don't find what you need here, you are welcome to contact us directly.
We have compiled a comprehensive list of changes you may experience with this Upgrade.
What is The Upgrade?
During spring semester 2015, the University will upgrade its PeopleSoft systems for faculty, staff, and students. The Upgrade includes:
- Three PeopleSoft systems: Campus Solutions (student systems), the Enterprise Financial System (EFS), and the Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
- Reducing customization, which will change some business processes.
- Adding new capabilities, streamlining business processes, and improving our infrastructure.
Why are we upgrading?
Our systems are outdated. We have to upgrade our systems to maintain support and compliance. We are also improving infrastructure and adding new capabilities, including:
- Real-time personalized notifications and financials
- Real-time class schedules, grades, and waitlists
- Research, teaching, and advising tools
- Consolidated reporting (UM Reports, UM Analytics, some PS reports)
- Access to UMarket and purchasing information
- Employee time management and approvals
Do I need to do anything?
Yes, you’ll need to prepare for systems interuption and learn new ways to do things.
- Stay up-to-date. Sign up for The Upgrade newsletter, look back at our blog, or contact us with your questions and feedback.
- Prepare for systems interruption. Just before The Upgrade, there will be a one- to two-week period when PeopleSoft and related systems will be unavailable or view-only with static data. This is longer than other upgrades because we are updating several complex systems in sequence. More information will be shared before the interruption.
- Get training. You will receive emails about training relevant to your role. Most training emails will be sent in January. See online training at Upgrade Education.
- Know your support network. Additional support will be provided during The Upgrade. The help contacts you use today will be the same ones you use before, during, and after The Upgrade. Plus, Advance Teams are “voice on the ground” personnel with advance tools and information to support colleagues.
- Embrace change. Big systems implementations like this usually face technical issues and natural human resistance. Prepare for changes, be flexible, exercise patience with your colleagues and the system.