After The Upgrade: Reports
In February 2015, the PeopleSoft upgrade will usher in a new Reporting Center that consolidates UM Reports, UM Analytics, and PeopleSoft reports.
The Reporting Center provides a single window into commonly used reports from multiple reporting tools. Features include: Improved search function, real-time data, ability to "like" favorite reports, links to the data warehouse web query tool, HRMS query viewer, and EDMS.
Here is some important information for people who use reports:
- Some reports will have different names and content.
- UM Reports favorites and bookmarks will not transfer, so save a list in order to find them after The Upgrade
- If you have created and saved ad-hoc queries in the Data Warehouse, they may need to change due to business process changes.
- During the one to two-week system cutover period in February, most UM Reports will be view-only with static data.
- Find out details about reporting changes.
- Watch a short video to prepare for the new Reporting Center.
MyU Preview is a series giving a peek into pages within the new MyU, after its launch in February 2015. Two recent posts focus on coming features for faculty:
Presentations & Events
Student Experience Previews: See how The Upgrade will affect students
Student Experience Previews
started last week in the Twin Cities. These previews continue through the first week in December with opportunities on each of the system campuses. Be sure to attend if you support students. You'll see demonstrations of class registration, viewing student account information and financial aid, and learn how the new MyU and One Stop will work together after the upgraded systems launch in February.
Round-the-Clock Test Completed, Upgrade Appreciation Day Follows
In preparation for the February launch, The Upgrade team performed and completed a week-long test of 24-hour behind-the-scenes activities to prepare for the "real thing". The team was rewarded with an Upgrade Appreciation Day on
November 19th, which included a visit from President Kaler. (Left: President Kaler and Program Director Dennis Wenzel greet the Reporting Change team.)
Tell us what you think!
Questions for a work stream? Something on your mind? Wondering how ESUP will affect you? Suggestions for a Q&A? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.