Four weeks until cutover
As we conduct final testing before the cutover period begins on April 10th, it is a good time to ensure your area is upgrade-ready!
Ways to prepare
- Use The Upgrade Readiness Checklist: Ensure your area is prepared for the scheduled April 10th systems interruption and April 20th upgrade launch.
- Learn the upgraded systems: Visit Upgrade Training & Education for online courses, sneak peeks and materials.
- Document your favorites and bookmarks: Saved links to or in PeopleSoft and UM Reports will not work after The Upgrade, so be sure to document this information. (Finance PeopleSoft links may convert, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.)
- Prepare for changes to UM Reports.
- Update your browsers: Upgraded systems will work best in a browser's latest version. Learn how to update your browsers here.
- Clear your cache: Find out how to clear your cache here (This is for Internet Explorer, but IT@UMN has information on other browsers as well so just search for your browser there.)
- Connect with your Advance Team members: Advance Teams are your local, area-specific colleagues who volunteered to help you prepare.
Purchasing during cutover
Plan ahead - make April purchases now
You will not be able to record purchasing transactions in the financial system during the cutover period of The Upgrade. For the upgrade to Finance, EFS transaction processing must cease on April 8 and may begin again on the morning of April 20. Read more...
Information packaged especially for you
New, role-specific information is now available! Check out the left navigation of upgrade.umn.edu
for special resources for students
, and advisers
. This information is not mutually exclusive, so explore all categories that are relevant for you.
Help spread the word!
Use these Communication Tools
to help us get the word out with posters, a one-page summary, and more. We’ve recently added ready-to-go images to use on Facebook, Twitter, and other social channels. These materials
will help ensure your area is properly prepared. Check back frequently for updates!
Presentations & Events
The Upgrade Fair
Attend The Upgrade Fair on Wednesday, April 15th, in The Great Hall of the Coffman Memorial Union. Everyone is welcome to stop in from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This event will feature demos, information booths, face-to-face support, and food.
Tell us what you think!
Questions? Something on your mind? Wondering how The Upgrade will affect you? Suggestions for a Q&A? Take our latest poll, and shoot us an email at email@example.com.