Updated, Upgraded, and Up-and-Running!
“This is one of the smoothest launches I have experienced,” said Dennis Wenzel, Executive Program Director for The Upgrade. “We've had a few issues here and there, and we have some big processes ahead of us, but it has been a good transition so far. This is a great team effort.”
Even President Kaler sent a thank you note to the Upgrade Team: “Thank you for your tremendous work to bring The Upgrade live! On time, within budget, with an amazingly smooth cutover—I could not be more pleased.”
Team members met around-the-clock in the Command Center to deliver the upgraded systems on April 20.
Help lines report a higher-than-average number of service requests, but with the additional staffing, most are being quickly addressed. Latest information is posted on The Upgrade
home page, but here are a few service issues and resolutions:
- Moodle: Some people have had trouble finding Moodle, which is available in MyU under “Key Links” (near the upper left MyU logo).
- Students, faculty, staff, and the public can view the course catalog and class search at z.umn.edu/publiccoursecatalog and z.umn.edu/publicclasssearch. (These links are also available on campus websites such as onestop.umn.edu.) If you receive an error message, try opening links in a browser where you are not logged into any University system (e.g. email, MyU, APLUS). We are working on resolving this issue.
- Emailing students from a class roster: Faculty and instructors can email students from the Class Roster page in Faculty Center. At the bottom of the Class Roster, select all students, then "notify all students." From the “send email” window, either send the message, or copy and paste the email addresses into another document. Users with a certain security level can also access the Class List through the Reporting Center. If you need a class email list and cannot access it through either of these means, send a request to email@example.com.
HRMS Recruiting Solutions
- For Hiring Managers: If you are satisfied with the candidate pool for your positions posted in PeopleAdmin, you don’t need to do anything. The search will continue in PeopleAdmin until complete. If you would like to continue to receive applicants for your positions posted in PeopleAdmin, repost those openings in Recruiting Solutions (the new system).
- For Applicants:
- New job openings are now being posted in Recruiting Solutions. If you applied in the old system, you do not need to reapply in the new system. You can no longer apply for positions posted in the old system.
- To apply for new postings in the new system, applicants need to register. People who used the old system in the past year were notified that they need to re-register.
- U Market: Working on fixing an Oracle issue with U Market purchases, specifically errors that occur when attempting to save/submit a requisition, and invalid row numbers in U Market.
- U Market: Replacing the button to modify shipping accounting.
- An issue with the calendar link in the MyU header was resolved.
- The block “M” in the header links to the TC campus homepage; analysis on the issue is currently underway.
Presentations & Events
Open Learning Labs for HR and Finance staff
Check out the Learning Labs
and encourage your colleagues to attend! The labs are drop-in sessions, and no RSVP is required (if you plan to attend for Finance-related information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
so we can make sure Finance trainers will be there). Be sure to bring your DUO authentication.
Pictured right: Amanda Wolford of Training Services works with Shannon Murphy during an HRMS Learning Lab at the West Bank Office Building.
Tell us what you think!
Questions? Something on your mind? Shoot us an email at email@example.com.